Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Some of my creations...


One of my favorite art mediums is polymer clay. I have taken classes from internationally known doll artists as I wanted to create Santa figures. I have made some but they just didn't challenge me the way I wanted to be challenged.


I expanded into American Indian figures, book drawing figures and sci-fi. I will attach some of the pics here.


A while back, I purchased a book called "Spiderwick's" for my grandson, Hunter. While looking through the book I saw some drawings that looked very interesting. I decided to try to recreate them in three dimensions.


The first one, "The Brownie". This character in the book fixes your clothes while you sleep. Hence, the needle and button in his hat. The challenge here is to make him realistic complete with whiskers and ear hair!

1 comment:

  1. I'm a big fan of Tony DiTerlizzi's art, and am amazed at your incredibly realistic rendition of this little character!!! So much detail, you're very very good!!

    I liked what you wrote too... creating interesting and quirky characters is probably a lot more challenging and rewarding than santa's :-D

    ReplyDelete